This post may contain affiliate links.
Whether you’re just starting out on your journey of self-discovery, or you’re wanting to find ways you can improve yourself and your life, these questions are perfect for getting to know yourself better. With that, comes knowing what makes you happy, sad, what you goals are, what you want to accomplish.
It is important to know yourself better than anyone else. And that’s where self-reflection questions come in! Asking yourself questions is the ultimate way to get to know yourself better and deeper.
When you truly know yourself, you will be happier, more confidence and motivated and be able to go after your dreams and goals.
There are times that I had no idea what I wanted out of my life, but knew I wasn’t happy where I was at at the time. That’s why it’s important to check in with yourself and start your journey of self discovery.
After answering these questions, you’ll know yourself better and be able to start your journey to your best self and truly become happy in your life.
50 Self-Reflection Questions To Ask Yourself
1. what is your ideal ‘you’ like?
2. what is my biggest dream/goal?
3. what are the most important things in my life right now?
4. what are 3 words that best describe me?
5. what am i passionate about?
6. what is my favorite thing about myself?
7. who am i most grateful for?
8. what are you most proud of accomplishing thus far?
9. When do you feel most confident? Happiest? pretty?
10. what traits do you admire in others?
11. what traits do you admire in yourself?
12. what part of your life do you want to work on? why?
13. what is making you unhappy/sad/holding you back?
14. what is making you happy right now?
15. what areas of your life are you happiest with right now and why?
16. what areas of your life are you the unhappiest with and why?
17. what does your ideal day look like?
18. what are 3 things that make me smile?
19. why are you worth knowing?
20. what are you most afraid of? why?
21. what sets your heart on fire?
22. what is one thing you wish you were better at? how can you get better at it?
23. what advice would you give yourself 5 years ago? 3 years? 1 year?
25. what habits do you need to break? what habits do you need to start?
26. if you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
27. Is my career fulfilling?
28. when was the last time you tried something new? learned something new?
29. what can you do today that you could not do a year ago?
30. is there something you have dreamt of for a long time but haven’t done it? why not?
31. what is your greatest challenge right now?
32. what is your go-to activity when you’re depressed, stressed or upset? is is healthy?
33. what would you truly regret doing if you died tomorrow?
34. what would make your life meaningful?
35. if you could relive any moment, what would it be?
36. what do you want to do less of?
37. how can you be more compassionate and forgiving with yourself?
38. what emotions am i feeling lately that are holding me back?
39. will my current habits/routines/actions actually help me accomplish my goals?
40. what does my ideal life look like in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?
41. when you wake up in the morning, how do you want to feel?
41. how can i lift myself up?
43. what thoughts are overwhelming me lately?
44. what does your perfect/ideal day look like?
45. what do you need more of in your life? less of?
46. how can you simplify my life?
47. what are 5 things you want to do less often?
48. what lessons have you learned the hard way?
49. how do you like to relax?
50. If you had a day all to yourself and could do anything you wanted, what would you do all day?
I personally love to write down the answers to these questions and make myself a self-reflection journal. That way I can look back at my entries and see how much I have truly grown!
Since I started asking myself these questions, my life has truly changed. I can pinpoint exactly what is making me happy and what’s not. When you ask yourself questions and check in with yourself, it opens up so many doors to ultimate happiness and really helps yourself grow.
Do you ask yourself reflection questions? I hope this inspire you to grow and change your life so you can live the life you love.
If you liked this post, check out my self reflection questions to ask yourself at the end of every day!