This post may contain affiliate links.
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum
No matter your skin type, vitamin c serums are something that everyone can benefit from and in the world of k-beauty, they have some of the best vitamin c serums on the market. With powerful vitamin c derivatives, tons of good-for-skin nutrients and affordable price tags, you know you’re getting the best bang for your buck. If you’re looking for the best Korean vitamin c serum, keep on reading to find out.
Vitamin C is one of my top 3 ingredients that everyone should be using in their routine. It’s a do-it-all ingredient that helps with anti-aging, collagen production, hyperpigmentation and even helps with acne. Because of its wide rage of benefits for the skin, it’s a great ingredient for everyone, no matter your skin type or skin concern.
Looking for a good Korean vitamin c serum? Just keep on scrollin’.
Benefits Of Vitamin C For The Skin
You may have heard that vitamin c has tons of benefits for the skin, but aren’t really sure what they are. The short answer is that vitamin c is one of the best do-it-all ingredients that anyone can benefit from.
- Stimulates collagen – one of the biggest benefits of topical Vitamin C is that it helps to stimulate collagen production which is a critical component in skin’s structure and is involved in keeping skin firm, bouncy and youthful. As we age, collagen production slows, which leads to sagging skin, loss of elasticity and lines and wrinkles. Keeping collagen production stimulated can help to reduce signs of aging and keep skin looking youthful, firm and glowing
- Protects Against Damage – Vitamin C is one of the most potent antioxidants, which means it can help defend skin against environmental and UBV damage as well as help repair the skin after damage has been done. Vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals before they cause skin and cellular damage (which can lead to premature aging)
- Fades Hyperpigmentation – Vitamin C is also incredible at fading hyperpigmentation. You know that zit you popped and now it’s left a brown spot that’s somehow even worse? Yeah, Vitamin C can tackle that! Plus it can also help with sunspots, acne scarring and any other form of skin pigmentation
- Minimizes lines and wrinkles – Vitamin C can smooth the skin texture which helps to diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Overtime, as it stimulates collagen production, fine lines and wrinkles will be “filled in” and skin will look more plump and youthful. Additionally, since it protects the skin from photoaging, it keeps those lines and wrinkles from deepening
- Evens skin tone – Vitamin C is known for its skin lightening properties, which means not only can it fade hyperpigmentation, but it can also reduce sun spots, freckles and other pigmentation issues
- Smooths texture – Vitamin C is acidic, which means it can help exfoliate the skin. Regular exfoliation can reduce rough skin texture and flaky skin. It can also help reduce pore size and give an overall healthier appearance to the skin
- Speeds healing – Since Vitamin C stimulates collagen production, it can help to heal wounds and speed up healing of any injuries. Vitamin C is known for being involved in the initiation of the immune response and tissue repair response when the skin is injured. This can mean healing from a scrape or even acne
- Anti-inflammatory – One of the lesser known benefits of Vitamin C is that it’s an anti-inflammatory agent. This means it can help reduce any inflammation in the skin from damage, infection (like acne) or other skin conditions like dermatitis or eczema
- Makes skin glow – Vitamin C has been shown to significantly improve skin’s radiance. Meaning a healthy, lit-from-within-just-got-back-from-vacation-and-got-9-hours-of-un-interrupted-sleep glow.
I think the better question is there anything vitamin c doesn’t do?
As you can tell, vitamin c has a lot of benefits for the skin and it’s such a versatile ingredient that everyone, no matter your skin type, can use. Certain types of vitamin c are more suited for certain skin types and we’ll get into that more later. The point is that there’s vitamin c out there for everyone! And good thing because the benefits are amazing.
Cons Of Vitamin C
Although Vitamin C is extremely beneficial for the skin and is an overall great ingredient, it can come with some drawbacks, especially for certain skin types.
L-AA is typically pretty potent and can be irritating to sensitive skin, even more so when combined with other actives like AHA/BHA or Retinoids. While vitamin c serums can range from 5-10% in concentration, they can still be irritating if they contain L-AA.
Additionally, L-AA is also extremely unstable and degrades when exposed to light and air. So everytime you open your vitamin c serum, it’s becoming less and less potent. Eventually the Vitamin C will completely oxidize and no longer be useful.
Once your Vitamin C Serum turns yellow or orange, that means it’s oxidized and no longer working like it should be.
Vitamin C Derivatives
Luckily, there are quite a few of vitamin c derivaties on the market that are more stable and less irritating. However, that means they are usually less potent (and won’t give as good results).
How to choose best korean vitamin c serum?
When it comes to picking a well-formulated and effective vitamin c serum, there are a few things to keep in mind. Your skin type and skin concerns will help guide you to picking out the right product for you. For example, if you have sensitive skin, you will want a vitamin c derivative that’s less potent/irritating. If you have stubborn acne scars, you’ll want to use the strongest form of vitamin c available.
Ascorbic acid is the most common form of vitamin c, but because it has certain drawbacks, in recent years other vitamin c derivatives have become more popular. L-AA being the most potent and effective form of vitamin c, it can also be irritating for sensitive skin types and is extremely unstable.
When it comes to a good vitamin c serum, stability matters. L-AA degrades with light and air exposure and typically will only be effective for about 3 months or so. That means if you don’t finish your bottle before it oxidizes, it will no longer be effective so it can be a huge waste of money and product.
However, the newer vitamin c derivatives are much more stable, but that does come at a cost. Most of them are not as potent as L-AA. So it’s up to you to choose if you’d rather have a stable formula, or the most effective vitamin c. Hopefully with the chart above, you can pick out the best korean beauty vitamin c serum for your skin.
Additionally, it also helps to look at other ingredients in the formula. If your skin is sensitive, look for ingredients like Centella Asiatica, Aloe, Allantoin or Green Tea. Or if your skin is dry, try a serum with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, panthenol or beta-glucans to help replenish the skin.
Which Korean Vitamin C Serum Is Best?
Wanna know what is the best Korean vitamin c serum to use? You can’t beat the formulation (or price) of any of these k-beauty serums. Don’t worry, I’ve made it easy for you. From the best korean vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation, to the best korean vitamin c serum for dry skin, I’ve got all your skin types and concerns covered!
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum
If you want to dive into the world of Korean skincare or try a Vitamin C serum, this list of Best Korean Vitamin C serums is a great place to start your search. These serums have been hand picked and contain Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) or derivatives, along with some other skin-loving ingredients.
Most of these are affordable Korean Vitamin C serums and can be bought on Amazon.
Best Korean Vitamin C For Face
This best seller Korean vitamin c serum has got all the bells and whistles that you need in a vitamin c, which makes it a great dupe for the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum that retails for $160. With 20% vitamin c (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) and hyaluronic acid, this serum will help to hydrate, tighten and stimulate collagen production to help with anti-aging.
Ferulic acid and vitamin E stabilize the formula to make it last longer and provide antioxidant benefits to protect your skin from free radical damage. It’s also packed with lots of nutrients like aloe vera, dandelion and jojoba extract to soothe and keep skin hydrated. No wonder it’s a favorite over on reddit.
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum For Oily Skin
This lightweight, jelly-like serum contains ascorbic acid to help brighten skin, even out skin tone and protect it against environmental damage. Everyone’s favorite ingredient, niacinamide, refines pores and helps control oil production, so it’s a great vitamin c serum for oily and acne prone skin types. Glycerin, vitamin e and vitamin b5 lightly hydrate skin to keep it plump and healthy, but not greasy.
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum For Sensitive Skin
This incredibly soothing serum features two types of ascorbic acid and tons of skin-soothing ingredients, making it a great option for more sensitive skin types. This formula features centella asiatica and green tea to soothe skin and calm inflammtion, panthenol to strengthen skin’s moisture barrier and adenosine to smooth skin texture and wrinkles. I mean, what more could you want in a serum?
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum For Dry Skin
This luxurious serum features a gel-cream like texture that’s lightweight, yet nourishing for drier skin types. It features two different kinds of vitamin c (Ascorby Tetraisopalmitate and Kakadu Plum Extract) for a total of concentration of 20% Vitamin C. Squalane is the star ingredient for dry skin, as it helps restore the moisture barrier, while hyaluronic acid helps to hydrate, leaving skin plump. Niacinamide and Vitamin E finish out this amazingly formulated serum to help soothe and moisturize skin.
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum For Acne Scars & Dark Spots
Got a problem with acne scars or hyperpigmentation? With 10% of the most powerful form of vitamin c (ascorbic acid), this serum packs a punch without being too irritating. Niacinamide, arbutin and licorice root extract fade discoloration and brighten skin, so those acne scars won’t stand a chance. This formula is also packed with anti-oxidants to fight sun and environmental damage which helps keep those acne scars from getting any darker. No doubt this is hands down the best Korean vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation.
Best Korean Vitamin C Serum For Anti-Aging
If you’re looking for a do-it-all anti-aging, brightening and hydrating serum, look no further than this vitamin c serum for Skin & Lab. Along with a potent form of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), this serum contains a unique blend of 15 different vitamins, Panthenol (strengthens skin barrier), Hyaluronic Acid (deeply hydrates), Hydrolyzed Collagen (helps with anti-aging) and MATRIXYL 3000 (tightens skin) to hydrate, tighten and brighten skin. This nutrient packed formula makes it a top contender for the best Korean vitamin c serum to fight aging.
Best Korean Beauty Vitamin C Serum: Wrap Up
In the world of skincare, K Beauty has some of the best products out there and these vit c serums are no different. If you’re looking for the best k beauty vitamin c serum, you can’t go wrong with any of these top picks. Vitamin c is one of the best ingredients for healthy, glowing skin, so it only makes sense to pick a well-formulated vitamin c serum like these korean vit c serums.
Related To Best K Beauty Vitamin C Serums:
- Best Cleansing Oils For Your Skin Type
- Dupes For Good Genes That’ll Save You Money
- How To Dermaplane At Home
- Drugstore Becca Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector Dupes