This post may contain affiliate links.
Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser Review
The Korean skincare brand Sioris carefully picks out each ingredient in their formulas to nourish and hydrate the skin. Their range includes cleanser, toners, essences, serums, creams and masks all made with organic, gentle ingredients. The brand has quickly become very popular among Korean beauty fanatics and skincare lovers alike. If you are wanting to know more about their milk cleanser, keep on reading for a Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser Review
Siors is a Korean skincare brand that focuses on clean, gentle ingredients to nourish the skin. Their name is a combination of “simple” and “original” and that’s exactly what their formulations embody. They have a very simple, organic skincare line with some interesting products. Sioris is eco-friendly and created from natural ingredients.
All the ingredients in their products are sourced locally in Korea and only harvested during peak season for the freshest ingredients. The brand also uses only organic ingredients in their formulas.
And with just one look at their formulas, you can tell everything is sourced fresh. One unique feature about Sioris is that their ingredients list changes for each product based on when the product was produced.
Depending on the season of production, you may find Yuja citrus fruit water, green plum water or Omija Magnolia Berry as the base in their products.
For example, with the Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser, you’ll either find organic Citrus Junos Fruit Water (grapefruit water) or Green Plum Water as the base ingredient.
Sioris uses these fruit waters instead of purified water in their formulations because of their high concentrations of vitamins and minerals.
While some beauty brands labelled as “clean” aren’t actually clean, Sioris is one brand you can count on being clean. Their products are free from harmful chemicals like parabens and artificial fragrances.
Notably, the brand is also vegan and cruelty-free. Sioris also uses elegant, minimal and eco-friendly packaging for all of the products (who doesn’t love seeing pretty packaging sitting on your counters??).
Although the brand has a short range, their products are high-quality, well-formulated and designed to work for all skin types, including even the most sensitive and reactive skin.
What Is Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser
The soothing and fresh Ingredients really make this milk cleanser shine. Formulated with hydrating, soothing and nourishing ingredients, this cleanser is a dream for anyone with sensitive skin. Although their products are suitable for all skin, types, those with sensitive, dry, dehydrated and reactive skin types will really benefit from this milk cleanser.
(But don’t worry, if you’re looking for a cleanser for normal to oily skin types, Sioris has a great gel cleanser as well which you can check out here. And trust me, it’s just as good as the milk cleanser!).
The Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser is a low pH, gentle cleanser designed to remove light makeup, cleanse the skin and leave it feeling moisturized and soft.
It’s packed with hydrating, soothing and antioxidant and vitamin rich ingredients to provide moisture and prevent skin from feeling stripped.
Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser Ingredients
For a cleanser, The Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Cleanser has a pretty short ingredients list, but it’s jam packed with skin-loving ingredients.
Citrus Junos Fruit Water, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Water, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Isoamyl Laurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Bioflavonoids, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Propanediol, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Arginine, p-anisic acid, Citric Acid
- Citrus Junos Fruit Water – also known as grapefruit water, this ingredient is packed with tons of nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins. Grapefruit can help brighten the skin thanks to Beta Carotene, which is an antioxidant that can fade discolorations and even the skin tone. It’s also rich in Lycopene, which has soothing properties to help reduce redness and calm inflammation
- Macadamia Seed Oil – pressed from the Macadamia Nut, the oil is rich in fatty acids to help moisturize the skin and strengthen the skin’s protective moisture barrier. It has a high concentration of a rare fatty acid called palmitoleic acid, or Omega 7, which is especially good at moisturizing the skin and it also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help speed up wound healing
- Glycerin – a superstar ingredient that acts as a humectant to attract moisture into the skin. Glycerin can help to instantly plump skin to keep skin hydrated and healthy. It’s one of the best ingredients to treat dry skin.
- Cetearyl Olivate – an ester that is usually used in products to emulsify ingredients together, but when combined with Sorbitan Olivate, the two combine to form a soothing, barrier-repairing and moisturizing duo that mimics our natural skin barrier
- Aloe – aloe isn’t just for sunburns! It’s an incredibly moisturizing and soothing ingredient that calms inflammation, reduces redness, soothes sensitive skin and irritation and can even help promote wound healing and collagen production. It’s a powerful multi-tasker that’s great for dry and sensitive skin types
- Bioflavonoids – bioflavonoids are derived from many plants and vegetables and are known for the potent antioxidant activity which can help prevent free radical damage from environmental factors like UVA/UVB rays, pollution and others
- Broccoli Extract – veggies are not only good for your body, but your skin too! Broccoli is a source of natural antioxidant to protect and prevent damage associated with the sun or other environmental factors. It’s also high in Omega Fatty Acids which makes it moisturizing and nourishing
- Allantoin – one of the best soothing skincare ingredients ever. Allantoin helps to soothe inflammation and sensitive skin while promoting wound healing and calming redness
- Licorice Root Extract – licorice root is known for its amazing brightening properties thanks to the glycosides it contains. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it a real multi-tasker ingredient that’s great for all skin types
- Tocopherol – aka Vitamin E! Tocopherol is a vitamin that’s naturally found in the skin and it can help with so many skincare concerns from speeding up wound healing, brightening the skin, nourishing dry skin and soothing redness. It’s also an anti-aging ingredient that helps prevent free radical damage caused by pollution or other environmental factors
- Citric Acid – this is an AHA which exfoliates the skin by breaking down the bonds that hold old, dulling skin cells on your face so they can easily slough off to reveal brighter, glowier and smoother skin underneath. It also helps balance the pH of your skincare products so they don’t become too alkaline or acidic
- Arginine – Arginine is an amino acid that not only helps with wound healing, but can also be naturally found in our bodies and it has properties to increase collagen production, which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and promote more youthful looking skin
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract – This ingredient is known for its skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. It’s often used in skincare products to help calm and protect skin from environmental stressors
- Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract – also known as peony root extract, this is a natural antioxidant that helps to protect skin from free radical damage
Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser Review
I’ve been using cleansing milks and lotions for a while now as my skin has become really sensitive since dealing with perioral dermatitis. I look for minimal ingredients in the formula, no irritating ingredients like fragrance, essential oils, sulfates or alcohols. I also look for soothing, hydrating and moisturizing ingredients and this cleanser checked all the boxes!
Since introducing this cleanser into my routine several months ago , I’ve noticed a significant improvement in the dryness and tightness of my skin, especially during the cold weather we are having right now.
After washing, my skin feels great – not tight or dry. It feels soft, smooth and moisturized to the touch and doesn’t feel greasy, heavy or like there’s a film sitting on my skin. I’ve not had any dermatitis flare-ups since introducing this cleanser into my routine which is a huge plus!
Since it’s such a gentle cleanser, it’s not powerful enough to remove a lot of makeup or sunscreen, so I always double cleanse as needed.
The Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser Retails for $28.00 and is available for purchase on Amazon, Soko Glam, Oh Lolly and many other Korean skincare shops.
The cleanser is packaged in a 200ml clear plastic bottle with a pump. The packaging is very minimal, but it’s absolutely gorgeous, just like the rest of their range.
The texture of this cleanser is one of the best that I’ve ever tried – it’s smooth, milky, soft and just feels so luxurious and soothing on the skin. If you’ve ever used a lotion or milk cleanser, you know some of them can feel a little thick and heavy on the skin, but the Sioris Milk Cleanser is absolutely a dream to use.
It’s pretty fluid compared to other milk cleansers (which is not a bad thing) so it spreads easily and glides across the skin, yet still feels nice and moisturizing.
If you’ve never used a cleansing milk before, think of it like a more nourishing, thicker and creamier gel cleanser. If feels kind of like you’re rubbing a lotion on your face (but it doesn’t soak in like a lotion would).
The cleanser is fragrance-free, but does have a natural scent to it, but it’s mild and doesn’t linger after washing. It smells kind of herby, but again, it’s not overpowering at all.
As you can tell from the ingredients list, this cleanser is well-formulated with skin-loving ingredients. From hydrating, soothing ingredients to protective antioxidants, this one has really everything you need in a cleanser.
It’s also pH balanced and sits at around 6.4, which is in the ideal range for a cleanser.
I’m on my second bottle of this cleanser now and I absolutely love it. It’s the perfect daily cleanser since it’s so gentle, but still gets makeup off really well without having to scrub too hard or do a second cleanse afterwards.
However, I wear very minimal makeup and I don’t think it would properly remove all makeup if you wear heavier, long-wearing or waterproof makeup. I also don’t think it’s enough to remove sunscreen. When I do wear more makeup, I always use an oil or balm cleanser to make sure I’m removing everything properly and then I follow up with this cleanser to actually cleanse the skin.
My skin is very sensitive and prone to dryness and dehydration and most cleansers leave my skin feeling stripped, tight and dry. One of the reasons I purchased this in the first place is because of the nourishing ingredients to help keep my skin from drying out. Luckily, this is one of the only cleansers I’ve ever used that leaves my skin feeling soft and supple – not tight or dry at all!
I do not wash my face in the morning, but I think this would make a great morning cleanser for those who do.
Since it’s a milk cleanser, it does not foam no matter how hard you try to get it to. It stays a lotion-y, creamy texture the entire time! Once you add water it instantly liquifies and melts into the skin more. It easily rinses off with no rubbing required.
How Do You Use Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser?
There are a couple ways you can use milk cleansers and it really just comes down to personal preference. You can use them on wet or dry skin. I prefer to use it on dry skin. Other than that, you can use it just like any other cleanser!
To use the milk cleanser, gently massage a few pumps of the product over wet or dry skin for about 1 minute then rinse with water.
Since I use the cleanser on dry skin, I tend to massage it in for about 30 seconds then add some water onto my fingertips and massage again for about 30 more seconds before rinsing. I find that using it on dry skin helps to remove more impurities and get skin cleaner.
Sioris Cleanse Me Softly Review: Wrap Up
If you’ve been looking for a gentle, nourishing and affordable milk cleanser, snag this one up because it’s truly become my favorite cleanser. It’s well-formulated with natural, nourishing ingredients that leave skin soft and moisturized after cleansing. Although it’s on the more expensive side, it does last a while because you only need a few pumps at a time. It’s so gentle that I use it daily (even though I only wear very minimal makeup) and my skin has never felt better.