This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’ve ever used an enzyme mask, you know they’re great for removing dead skin, revealing a smoother and brighter complexion. There are so many different types of enzymes that are used in the skincare industry, but one of the most popular are pumpkin enzymes. Pumpkin is packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients to nourish skin while providing gentle exfoliation, so it’s one of my favorite enzymes. Which means, I of course, had to get my hands on the Drmtlgy enzyme mask to try out, as the brand has quickly become one of my all time favorites. So if you’re curious if this mask is really worth all the hype, keep on reading for my Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask review.
Drmtlgy is a great skincare brand that sells a wide range of skincare products. Their main focus is on acne and anti-aging skincare, but most of their products will work for any skin type or skin concern.
At DRMTLGY we value two things: It can’t be bad for you, and it has to work! We focus on creating high-end skin care using the purest, safest, most clinically-proven active ingredients available. Our goal is to be the industry leader of quality premium skin care and customer satisfaction.
For me, Drmtlgy hits all the checkmarks when looking for a good skincare brand: affordable, good ingredients and none of the bad stuff. They are also cruelty-free which is a huge plus in my book! Looking at the other products Drmtlgy offers, they stick to their word when it comes to formulating skincare products that work.
All of their products are packed with well-researched, effective ingredients. So good, in fact, they could be considered medical grade, but without the price tag. Although their products are priced on the higher end, it’s a steal when it comes to the quality of product you are getting.
About Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
This self-warming mask is packed with ingredients like kaolin clay and pumpkin enzymes to help improve skin texture, unclog pores and give you a healthy glow. Jojoba esters and glycerin work to keep your skin hydrated and nourished, while also providing soothing and anti-inflammatory properties to keep skin healthy.
If you’ve never heard of enzymes before, they’re basically a gentle chemical exfoliant. Enzymes are often derived from different fruits, like pumpkin enzymes, papaya enzymes and pineapple enzymes. Enzymes have been shown to provide gentle exfoliation comparable to AHA’s like glycolic or lactic acid.
Enzymes, like AHA’s, help to break down the “glue” that keeps dead skin cells stuck together. Once this is broken down, dead skin cells can easily be removed to reveal brighter, clearer and smoother skin. Enzymes are often recommended for those with sensitive skin, as they’re more gentle than AHA’s.
Drmtlgy’s Pumpkin Enzyme Mask provides a gentle exfoliation thanks to the pumpkin and kaolin clay. Let’s dive a little deeper into this mask.
Ingredients In Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
PEG-8, Kaolin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-21, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Colloidal Silver, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Ethylhexylglycerin, Talc, Water/Aqua/Eau, Red 30, Iron Oxides, Fragrance(Parfum), Phenoxyethanol
- Kaolin – a clay that is often used in many skincare and cosmetic products. It helps to unclog pores, absorb excess sebum and remove dead skin cells. Clays have even been shown to have antibacterial properties. It’s gentler than bentonite clays, so it’s great for those with drier or more sensitive skin who still struggle with acne or clogged pores
- Glycerin – a humectant that helps to draw in and retain moisture, which is great for keeping your skin hydrated. It can also help to repair a damaged skin barrier
- Jojoba Esters – act as an emollient and moisturizer to replenish dry skin, soothe and reduce dry, irritated skin. In this mask formulation, they help to avoid your skin getting too dried out from the clay and enzymes
- Titanium Dioxide – a type of physical sunscreen that reflects the sun’s rays and protects your skin from sun damage. Since this is in a mask formulation, it’s likely it’s only used to give the mask its opaque, white color. Once it’s rinsed off, the titanium dioxide is no longer on the skin and will not provide protection.
- Pumpkin Fruit Extract – Acts as a natural exfoliant as it contains enzymes that gently remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin to gently smooth texture and brighten. It’s also rich in Vitamins A and C which provide anti-oxidant properties to protect the skin from free radical damage. It’s also packed with Zinc, which helps to absorb excess oils, reduce inflammation and heal skin.
- Vitamin E – a vitamin with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helping to protect the skin from free radicals, acne and signs of aging. It helps to soothe skin and moisturize while providing antioxidant protection
- Colloidal Silver – a popular ingredient used in skincare and medicinal products. It’s known to have antibacterial properties that make it great for preventing acne breakouts, reducing inflammation and soothing irritated skin. It also helps with wound healing, which means it can help speed up healing of cuts and scrapes, but also acne.
- Talc – often used in makeup products to help control oil production, talc helps to absorb excess oils and balance oily or combination skin
- Fragrance – although fragrance is often added to make products smell nice, it can also be a source of irritation and allergic reaction. Parfum is a concentration of fragrance that tends to contain more potentially sensitizing ingredients than the typical “fragrance” or “perfume” on ingredient lists, so look out for this ingredient if you have sensitive or acne -prone skin
- Red 30 – used as a colorant to give the mask a slight orange tint. Although colorants are terrible for the skin, I consider them a filler ingredient and unnecessary in any formulation.
Benefits of Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
If you’ve never used an enzyme mask before, you might be wondering what does a pumpkin enzyme mask do for the skin? Let’s take a look at all the benefits of this pumpkin enzyme mask.
Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Review: My Thoughts
Drmtlgy makes some of my all time favorite products (like their Needle-less Serum and Peptide Night Cream), so I was so excited to try out this mask. Enzyme masks are my favorite type of mask, as they help to gently exfoliate, remove dead skin cells and unclog my pores for a brighter and more radiant complexion. I have previously used and loved the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask but I was keen on trying something a little more gentle and suitable for my sensitive skin. Keep on reading for my in-depth review of Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask.
Related post: Drmtlgy Needle-less Serum Review
This mask actually has a pretty minimal ingredients list, which I love. Many masks are packed with a lot of filler ingredients, but this one is not, which means it’s a great choice for those with sensitive, reactive or acne prone skin.
That said, it does have a couple ingredients that I’m not crazy about (fragrance and red coloring), however my skin tolerates this mask just fine, but it is something to keep in mind if you want to avoid these ingredients.
But the rest of the formulation makes up for it – it contains some really great ingredients like kaolin clay, nutrient rich pumpkin and even glycerin and jojoba esters. All of which work together to help minimize pores, unclog pores, smooth texture, brighten dull skin and nourish skin.
This mask retails for $37 for 5oz of product. Which is much cheaper than the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme mask, which retails for $60 for 5oz. Although it might seem a little pricey still, a little goes a long way with this product.
The packaging is really nice – it comes in a white jar that feels high-quality. It’s sleek, simple and feels really luxe. Mine also came with a little spatula to scoop out any product and avoid contamination, which I thought was a really nice touch.
The mask has a really nice, subtle pumpkin and cinnamon scent – it’s not too overpowering but you can still smell a slight hint of pumpkin. I personally don’t like fragrance in my skincare, but this is so mild, I don’t mind it at all.
The texture is really nice and creamy – it’s much thicker than other enzyme masks I’ve tried. It’s a very smooth, creamy product but you also have the jojoba esters which feel kind of like microbeads to me. However, they dissolve upon application and don’t really provide much manual exfoliation.
As you apply the mask, it starts to self-warm, which feels really nice. I’ve used self-warming masks in the past and they honestly feel too warm. But this one is perfect – just warm enough to feel soothing and relaxing and it goes away after a few minutes.
The mask doesn’t ever dry down, so you’ll have to be careful while applying it so as not to get product on your clothes or anything else.
Overall, it feels very luxurious and soothing while you have it on, and leaves your skin feeling really clean and hydrated.
The performance of the mask is amazing! It’s gentle, yet effective on even my sensitive skin. My pores are noticeably smaller and less congested, blackheads have disappeared and my skin looks brighter and more radiant.
Since it’s gotten colder where I live, and i’ve been reintroducing tretinoin into my routine, I’ve been getting some dry, flaky skin and this mask always takes care of it! I don’t find that it causes any irritation or dryness, which is huge!
My skin always feel so smooth and soft after I use this mask and I feel like my skincare products always absorb so much better afterwards. It never feels irritating or drying and my skin just feels and looks brighter, smoother and healthier.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this mask to anyone looking for a gentle enzyme mask that is still really effective. It’s super affordable compared to many other enzyme masks out there and it has truly amazing performance. If you’re looking for something more affordable than Peter Thomas Roth, this is a great option.
Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Review Wrap Up
Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
This self-warming mask minimizes pores, gently exfoliates away dead skin cells, moisturizes and nourishes for rejuvenated, brighter skin.
- Gentle exfoliation
- Brightens skin
- Balances oil production
- Unclogs pores
All in all, the Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is a great mask to keep on hand for when your skin is feeling rough, clogged and dull. It does a great job of smoothing skin texture and leaving your skin looking and feeling radiant and fresh. Not only does it leave pores looking smaller, but it also helps to balance oil production for those with excess oils. I would recommend this mask for all skin types – my skin is sensitive and it works great for me! Although it does have a couple ingredients that I generally don’t like in my products, my skin tolerates this mask just fine. Keep in mind if you’re wanting something fragrance free or colorant free, you’ll need to pass on this mask.
Ready to purchase? Head on over to grab the Drmtlgy Pumpkin Enzyme Mask!